Tuesday 10 January 2017

PREP FOR PONGAL

Hello my beautiful friends..It's the second week of January..you know what comes next..yep it's time for Pongal. We all like to dress up in traditional attire and enjoy the sugarcane season but to rock the festive don't we all want to look fresh and flawless. Yeah, yeah makeup to the rescue..but there is one prime step that we all forget about.If you're thinking about cleansing and moisturising your skin..you're somewhere close.  So here is a small 'prep tutorial for your skin' or a 'facial at home tutorial' to look your best on Pongal. (This is how I personally like to do it, you can change the steps to your convenience).

1. Cleanse your face with a suitable face wash. Ok some might wonder, it's just face wash, one can just use any brand and hope that it would do it's job. It doesn't work like that. Say for an instance, you have oily skin and you opt for a mild face wash, what good is that going to do to you. Everyone has unique skin types and the most common skin types are: Normal, Dry, Oily, Combination, Sensitive. Firstly try to understand which skin type you belong to and choose a face wash respectively. How can you identify what skin type you belong to, below I have listed few things that you can observe from your face and come to a conclusion :
  •                          Oily skin - too much oil secretion (oily face) and large pores
  •                           Dry skin - flaky dry patches, sometimes the skin might feel taut                                                                            after wash
  •                           Combination skin - Oily on the T-zones and rest of your face is                                                                             normal to dry
  •                           Normal skin - Neither oily nor dry
  •                            Sensitive - Red patches, itchiness
 After all the tough math, what kind of face wash can one use is listed down,
  •                         Oily skin type - Deep cleansing
  •                         Normal skin type - Any face wash
  •                         Dry skin type - Mild or any oil based face wash
  •                         Combination skin type - Oil free face wash or using two                                                                                           different face washes
  •                          Sensitive skin type - Mild or something with Aloevera as                                                                                         an ingredient in it.   

2. Before I start doing anything on my face, I like to remove my facial hair. I use a pen razor/blade sort of a thing to remove. You can find these in amazon.in for cheap. The one that I use is by QVS and I bought it from a beauty store called NewU. After removing, clean the fall outs, rinse your face and pat it dry.

3.  Steam away! Steaming opens your pores and helps it breathe. Boil a glass of water for steaming and pour it into a bowl. You can add any essential oil in to that water, if you don't have one, you can even add your green tea bags. While steaming cover your face and the bowl with a towel. Never stream your face over 10 minutes as it may open your pores way too much causing acne and too much oil secretion. I steam my face for only 6 minutes and I break this into two steps.

        First I steam my face for three minutes, pat my face dry then, scrub my face and with the scrub on my face I steam my face for 3 minutes. Never scrub your face before steam.

4. Mask it up! Steaming leaves your pores open and this is the ideal time to pull out all the impurities that has been hiding beneath your skin. So quickly put on any face mask (cream/sheet) and leave for atleast 10 minutes (do check the package if they have mentioned any time). You can even multi-mask :applying different masks focusing a particular area of the face. Wash your face and pat down your face, never rub your face.


5. (optional) After the mask, I like to use the blackhead strips on my nose.
                
6.After all these steps, your face might tend to get taut and feel dry. Apply a toner, serum, moisturiser ( toner, serum, night cream -if you are doing it before bed) to lock the facial oil and nourish your skin.
                                       Ideal time to do this is at night and you can make this a routine..do this only once a week or maybe once a month and you would definitely notice a change.

P.S. My face is swollen so much because of Sinus infection so, just bare with me guys.

I like doing this 'facial at home' at night time, after all the rough work I deserve a long beauty sleep, right? Hope y'all have a nice time pampering your skin. See y'all soon with a simple Pongal makeup tutorial..

No comments:

Post a Comment