Sunday 13 November 2016

LOREAL PARIS GLAM BRONZE DUO-REVIEW

Sorry guys..I have my semester exam going on and I hardly find time to post..I'll try to be more active as possible..
      Don't we all love to flaunt that sun-kissed glow throughout the year?? So..I bought LOREAL 's GLAM BRONZE DUO from NYKAA like a month ago but never really had enough time to try it out even though I was super excited for this product (kaushalbeauty loves it..so obviously I was waiting for it to launch). Just last week I tried it on..and here is my take on it.
 
Packaging:
It is a pretty bronzed plastic container, making it travel friendly..yaay!! LOREAL always has the best packaging. It has two layers..top layer with the duo-highlight and the bronzer and the bottom layer has a mirror and a brush.

Claims:
  • Offers the perfect combination of glamour and colour leaving skin with an iridescent sun-kissed glow
  • Soft powder glides easily over skin to form a delicate veil of colour
  • Smooth and light weight texture
  • Does not block pores
  • No breakouts
  • Covers minor blemishes without concealer
  • Enriched with golden light reflecting particles,it is a perfect solution to sculpt your cheekbones seamlessly
Ingredients:
 No proper ingredient is given in the packaging.
Application:
Using the given brush or a fluffy brush, hit the perimeters of your face(like a 3-temple,cheekbone,jawline) and the top of your nose or you can apply bronzer all over your face (less is more applies here) for that sun-kissed glow.
What I felt?



 To be completely honest, I didn't like this bronzer. It is only like a shade darker than my skin colour and doesn't even show up that well.The highlighter kind of looks good on me..but it gets messy and spreads all over my face..also it fades away really soon. Staying power of both bronzer and highlighter is really bad. I like the texture of the product though..creamy, not chalky and easy to blend with a fluffy brush. The brush that comes with the product is useless alsi it is not so soft on skin. It didn't break me out or clog my pores. I tried the product on my cousin (fair to medium complexion) and it looked good on her. I used it only to contour her cheekbones. But the highlighter didn't work on her. I tried using the highlighter and bronzer on my eyes as lid and transition colour respectively and it worked.. 
          People have this misconception that bronzer is only for fair or fair-medium complexion..That's entirely false. I come under the dusky category complexion-wise and bronzer suits me (not this product). The darker you are, the more warm (orange-red) undertoned bronzer you must pick. Bronzer basically is for warming up your skin giving you a sun-kissed look but this product is exactly the opposite..it has cooler (pink) undertone. Also people confuse between contouring and bronzing. As I said bronzer has warm undertone whereas contour powder has cool or taupe-y undertone. Bronzer can be applied all over your face but a contour powder should be applied only under your cheekbones,jawline,temple and on the sides of your nose. Contour is to create a chiselled look(creating shadows). So while shopping for a bronzer look out for these qualities..try to swatch them before you buy it.
BTW only one shade is available-102 Brunette harmony
Net quantity:
9 g
The 3 R's:
Retails for- Rs.890/-
Recommend- If you are fair, you can definitely give it a try; for dusky beauties, not the best option for you.
Rating- 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment