Thursday 12 January 2017

MAKEOVER FOR PONGAL

Hello, my advance Pongal wishes to those who'll be celebrating Pongal. For those who don't know what Pongal is..it's basically a harvest festival celebrated mainly by farmers. When we think of Pongal, sugarcane is the first thing that pops into our mind..secondly,the most common thing we all do is wear a traditional outfit, mostly sarees, bindi, braided hairdo etc..and most of us go light on our makeup too. I personally love to do bold looks but in this post, I have used subtle colours (maximum) for achieving an effortless, soft glam look. Hope y'all like it and sorry about the pictures I'm very sick and I had to do the look and take pictures by myself, no matter what I did my face looked swollen and weird.

1.Prime and prep:
             Apply some primer and colour correct where ever needed also apply an eyeshadow base and set it with some powder.

2.Define your outer one third of your eyes (outer V) with some brown gel liner/pencil and smudge it in such a way that there should be some colour pay-off without any harsh lines. I used Music Flower gel liner on the outer V.

3.On crease put any orange and blend well. The transition colour should appear as if it was blended with the brown. I used Red Brick by MAC as my transition colour.

4.Place any brown eyeshadow on top of the gel liner and again blend just the edges. I used a brown called Embark by MAC.

5.The eyeshadow on the inner two third (lid) is based on your complexion,                                
                                    Fair-Medium : Gold + Copper
                                    Medium-Dark : Bronze + Copper              
I basically mixed three eyeshadows -Sable + Coppering +Wood winked by MAC.
 Use pigment/Glitters(personal preference, I didn't use any as I wanted my look to be very simple)


6.Complete your base makeup- colour correcting, foundation , concealer so on..I didn't go overboard on my base.. I jus tcolour corrected, used my KRYOLAN foundation and contoured a bit.

7.Back to the eyes, apply some black kajal on your lower waterline. Tightline/ line your upper waterline if needed.

8.(optional) Highlight the inner corners of your eyes. I used a gold eyeshadow(forgot the brand)

9.Apply some liner and smudge it. I used Music Flower gel liner. Apply mascara, falsies if needed, again I didn't apply any falsies as I wanted the look to simple. Liner, you can do a winged liner or a normal liner, I did a normal liner and while smudging created a wing(shadow).


Apply another coat of everything; for lower lashline set your kajal with some black eyeshadow and smudge the it. Finish the look by adding any lipstick of your preference. I mixed three shades to get a bright pink with a hint of orange and red, you can also use a nude lipstick but make sure it has a hint of pink . Nude lipsticks wash you out/look ashy in photographs. 
                                          
                                         That's it for the Pongal look guys, have fun eating all delicious food and sweet sugarcanes (don't stain your dresses). See ya..Once again happy Pongal.
                                                                    
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment